The Patsy Cline Calendar - April
- Patsy's grandfather, Solomon Job Hensley ("Sol"), was born on April 12,
1858, at Hensley Hollow in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains.
- On April 13, 1956, Patsy met Charlie Dick for the first time, at the
Berryville Community Center.
- On April 22, 1956, Patsy recorded "Stop, look and listen", "I've loved
and lost again", "Dear God" and "He will do for you".
- During April 1957, "The Jimmy Dean Show" began airing, and Patsy toured
Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina with singers Ferlin Husky and Faron
- Patsy recorded "Today, tomorrow and forever", "Fingerprints", "A stranger
in my arms" and "Don't ever leave me again" on April 24, 1957, and on the 25th
she recorded "Try again", "Too many secrets", "Then you'll know" and "Three
cigarettes in an ashtray". These two sessions were held in New York, and the
producer was Paul Cohen.
- At the end of April 1957, Charlie received his summons from Uncle Sam.
He was sent to Fort Benning, Georgia, and later stationed at Fort Bragg,
- During April 1959, Patsy performed at the opening of the New River Ranch
in Rising Sun, Maryland. She also did a number of dates with Vernon Taylor,
including one memorable date at the Rockville Theatre on which, in the
absence of a country band, she was backed by three black blues musicians on
guitar, sax and drums.
- In April 1960, Patsy learned that she was pregnant. She asked Randy Hughes
to keep her working as much as possible; They needed the money...
- On April 3, 1961, Patsy's big hit "I fall to pieces" entered the country
- On April 22, 1961, Patsy, acting on an ill-boded feeling, wrote a will
by hand while en route, on Delta Airlines' stationery, ending: "I, Virginia
Hensley Dick (Patsy Cline) wrote this myself on April 22nd, 1961." Signed
"Virginia H. Dick".
- On April 20, 1962, Decca released an EP (Decca ED-2719) containing "She's
got you", "Strange", "The wayward wind" and "I love you so much, it hurts".
- The single "Sweet dreams" / "Back in baby's arms" (Decca 31483) was released
on April 15, 1963.
- On April 27, 1964, Decca released the single "That's how a heartache
begins" / "Love letters in the sand" (Decca 31616).
- The single "Always" / "Pick me up on your way down" (Decca 25732) was
released on April 29, 1968.
- In April 1993, the Always Patsy Cline Fan Club was formed.